Friday, April 13, 2012

"Taxing" Times

I'm sure if you hear me say "I'm busy" one more time you'll smack me right in the face so I will refrain from stating the obvious... Everything is getting done all at once as I get ready to GRADUATE with a Mechanical Engineering degree in only 4 weeks, and before that I:


1) Take the Fundamentals of Engineeing Exam (or "FE," like the Bar exam for law) ... tomorrow!! 
2) Test drive, make presentation, and present at Symposium our dune buggy Senior Design Project... testing this afternoon, presentation next Friday! 
3) Compete in Pittsburgh at the 2012 NPC Pittsburgh Championships national bikini show.... 3 weeks from today!!
4) Graduate :) 


I love being productive, and good thing!! Because boy, do I have to be lately. 




This weekend is full of activities; first up the dune buggy testing, which I am SOOOO excited for :) Finally it's done and we can drive it! Then a booty workout, grocery shopping, and a little final review for the FE. Then tomorrow it's the FE test from 7am - 6pm (ooophta) and food prep. Sunday is early mornin' posing practice with my girls and tanning, then church and home to Whitehall for my friend Leeza's bridal shower! I am so happy for Leeza and I know we will have a blast at her party. She got me the cutest shirt yesterday for my Maid of Honor duties: 
Adore! 


I may be juggling a lot of things, but I constantly remind myself and am fully aware of how truly BLESSED I am and how so so so many things are working in my favor and I have only the Lord to thank for it. FOr example, yesterday I got my taxes done (after hours of searching for those darn W-2s!!) on TurboTax.com and found out I will get a Federal refund of over $1,000!! Blessing #1!! Also, about a week ago the State of MT sent me $100 for some past thing I overpaid for, blessing #2!! I got 100% on my Biology test last week, got a 95% on my big Energy Issues paper, and passed the FE practice test with a 73.4% (it's a standardized test that all you need to pass is a 60% because it's so hard). Blessings #3, #4, and #5!! The biggest relief and blessing though is our dune buggy being DONE and running as of today, whew... blessing #6. We've been working on it every weekend for the last 2 semesters and I am very happy to see it done. 


I am sharing my blessings with you because, although I stress about being "busy" and having lots of homework, projects, contest prep stuff, bills, tax duties and beyond.... In the words of an old Christian psalm: 



"Count your blessings, name them one by one, 
Count your many blessings, see what God has done..."


I should never, never feel that I am not incredible blessed. So many are horribly less fortunate, and I have more than anyone could ask for. Case and point- a terrible tragedy has befallen the Kennedy family at Oxygen Magazine, a large well-known women's fitness publication, as it's founder and publisher, Robert Kennedy passed away this morning. "Tough Love" Bob lost his long battle with lung cancer and died this morning. That hit me like a brick wall as I thought of his wife, Tosca Reno, author of the incredible "Eat Clean Diet" book series, and his daughters, whom all will miss him dearly and must be heart-broken in pain right now. I think of how my own father is older than Bob was, and I almost tear up thinking that some day he too will have to leave me here; although I sincerely hope that is no time soon. 

My heart goes out to Bob's friends and family,
I send you all my prayers. 
To read the heart-breaking news first hand, and to leave a comment for his family go to this link: http://www.rkpubs.com/bob/

"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love." (Romans 5:2-5 NLT) 

~ I pray Tosca and her daughters be filled with peace, knowing their husband and father is in heaven, and that they are touched my God's undying love for them as they endure the trial and pain of losing a loved one so close to their heart. We will all miss Bob, and his great influence on the world of fitness.



As always.... Blessings, 
~Ruthie 

No comments:

Post a Comment