Sunday, November 6, 2011

Sunday Share... ZipFizz

Good morning all!
I thought it would make sense to do a "Sunday Share" on ZipFizz because that's exactly what I plan on doing with it... sharing it with you!!




On Saturday, this glorious box of assorted flavors of ZipFizz product showed up on my doorstep and I have been in ZipFizz-Energyland ever since ha-ha :-p

Nothing like FREE and ENERGY all in one to make your day :D

 ZipFizz sent me (and will be sending me, on a regular basis) a bunch of their product because as you may recall, they are sponsoring me for NPC Nationals after my Overall Bikini win at the WA Ironman 2011.

Me on stage with the ZipFizz representatives
after winning the WA Ironman :)

I got to try their product with just the few free samples they threw in our competitor bags, and I loved it! I drank it driving home from WA that night and let me tell ya, it was invaluable to have on a solo-road trip. I wouldn't have stayed awake without it. Since then, ZipFizz has blessed me with $500 towards my Miami airfare, and now: product samples. Yay! 

It's mutually beneficial because I can use it when I train for my own benefit; and give them exposure by telling others about it and just plain proving it works by kicking butt in the gym, and also sharing product samples with friends, family, fellow athletes, and fans who're interested in a little energy boost!! Whether it be for the gym, or just for making it through the 3pm workday slump, or powering through writing the last few pages of a Strengths Lab report in college; I'd pour a tube of ZipFizz energy drink in my water bottle for ALL those situations. And guilt free! ZipFizz is known for being a "Healthy Energy Drink Mix."

Here's how they put it, as described on their website: www.ZipFizz.com

Zipfizz is an all-natural, great tasting energy drink-mix powder

that delivers a powerful charge of micronutrients to the body's fuel
system. It contains no ephedra or other artificial stimulants. Most
people experience an immediate, revitalizing burst of energy after
taking Zipfizz.

Zipfizz is healthy energy in a tube! Give your body a rush of
vitamins, minerals and key amino acids to protect the immune
system. Zipfizz has created an advanced formula that provides a significant
amount of vitamins, fewer calories, lower carbohydrates,
superior taste, variety and unique packaging!
Simply put, it's
different because
it's good for you!

Use Zipfizz as a morning or afternoon pick-me-up, or enhance
your training by taking it before, during, or after a hard workout.

Because Zipfizz contains no sugar, users will experience an
increased energy level for up to 4 - 6 hours with out the sudden
"crash" associated with other energy drinks.

Check out these Nutrition Facts with a side-by-side comparison to other popular sports and energy drinks and see for yourself how it stacks up:





 The thing that popped out at my in the loads of B12 in ZipFizz. Can that much still be good for you?
Well I did a little search, and rest assured; for most people an excess of B12 in your body is not toxic or harmful to your health because it is a water soluble vitamin and therefore will not be stored in your fat cells and stay in your body for a prolonged time. ** However, in some people, a large excess of vitamin B12 might cause diarrhea, frequent urination, difficulty sleeping, anxiety, and in rare cases: blood clots or serious allergic reactions. Just be sure to drink lots of water, and do not use an energy supplement close to when you will be trying to go to sleep or else you may affect your sleep patterns. ** 

Some of the benefits of B12 are given below, as found on WebMD:

"Vitamin B12 is used for treating and preventing vitamin B12 deficiency, a condition in which vitamin B12 levels in the blood are too low. It is also used to treat pernicious anemia, a serious type of anemia that is due to vitamin B12 deficiency and is found mostly in older people. For this purpose, people use either a supplement that is taken by mouth or a gel that is applied inside the nose.

Vitamin B12 is also used for memory loss; Alzheimer’s disease; boosting mood, energy, concentration and the immune system; and slowing aging. It is also used for
heart disease, lowering high homocysteine levels (which may contribute to heart disease), male infertility, diabetes, sleep disorders, depression, mental disorders, weak bones (osteoporosis), swollen tendons, AIDS, inflammatory bowel disease, asthma, allergies, a skin disease called vitiligo, preventing cervical and other cancers, and skin infections."

In my opinion, the benefits far outweigh the possible side effects. Note that a possible side effect is also something it is used to treat, sleep disorders and bowel disorders! But to be safe, any side effects can be eliminated or minimized by not overusing the product. As with anything, over-use or abuse is not going to provide the desired result! I don't recommend popping tubes of ZipFizz like candy. Especially not the way you've been popping candy since Halloween ;) (of wait, of course you've been good.... right?)


So, do you wanna try it? You can! And for free :) Just find me at the gym, or at school and ask me for a tube. I'll try to keep a couple tubes with me at all times to share with anyone who'd like to try it. I have samples of all the flavors to give away.

The flavors are:
  • Citrus
  • Pink Lemonade
  • Grape
  • Orange Soda
  • Berry

ZipFizz Flavors
I personally love them all. I was going to say, "My favorite is..." but I can't pick! Luckily I don't have to :)


So that's my share of the day, I hope you will try the product and get the great energy benefits. If you end up liking it I have coupons cards for you to get a great deal when you buy your own box of ZipFizz. Here is their website if you'd like to do a little personal research: www.ZipFizz.com


Have a blessed and restful Sunday,
~ Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment