Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday Share ... PrayFit

Good morning, and a beautiful one too at that! The sun is shining and the air is chilly here in Butte today. I am excited to go to church in only about 20min. I need me some Jesus! :)

The beautiful day inspired me to get a little purty for church today :)




Today's share is a great site I found a couple weeks back at the suggestion of Ifbb Pro Steve Cook - PrayFit. This site has everything you need as a Christian and as an athlete. Daily workouts, daily devotionals, meal plans and recipes, and a supportive, Christ-following network of believers pursuing His kingdom through their interest in health and fitness. It's all I'm all about!



I subscribe to PrayFit Daily, a daily email devotional that never fails to drop into my inbox by early morning so I can meditate on the greatness of our God, and hear exactly what I needed to hear that day to stay on track! The PrayFit took a couple family days over the Thanksgiving holiday so the daily messages will return Monday, but here's the message from 11/23/11:

November 23, 2011
Read: 1 Thessalonians 5
“In all things give thanks; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” –1 Thessalonians 5:18


Over 100 years ago, a very successful lawyer and real estate mogul, Horatio Spafford, lost a lot in the great Chicago fire of 1870, but years later he lost much, much more. The fire left thousands homeless, and Horatio and his family spent years helping those less fortunate. Exhausted, Horatio and his wife, along with their four daughters planned a cruise to Europe. But just prior to pushing off, Horatio was called upon to stay for business. Still, he sent his family on their much-needed vacation.

Their ship however, the Ville du Havre, didn’t make it to England. Horatio learned of the tragedy through the now famous and urgent telegram from his wife. It read simply, “Saved. Alone.”
I’m probably not the first person to do a poor job of summarizing the story of Horatio Spafford, but I was reminded of it yesterday while on a walk with my dog, Josey. As I turned a corner, talking to the Lord about my needs and concerns of our new website, I came across a homeless woman; mid-thirties, sunburned, sitting next to what looked like years of life in a shopping cart. I smiled, and she called Josey “perty.” As I continued to walk, I thought to myself, “I’m worried about web traffic. She lives in traffic.”
This week is a good reminder to hug those close to us, and to help those less fortunate. And 130 years later, Horatio can help us do just that. You may not recognize his name, but you know his famous hymn. As he boarded a ship to find his wife, he wrote these words; good words for us to remember and repeat as we give thanks, if for no other reason than being saved alone.

It is well with my soul.When peace like a river attendeth my way,When sorrows like sea billows roll;Whatever my lot thou hast taught me to say,It is well, it is well with my soul!”
So from our families to yours, have a blessed Thanksgiving weekend.


Isn't that cool? :)
Speaking of prayer, please pray for me to live in God's contentment and find the correct balance in my life. If there's one thing that I saeem to continually struggle with it's BALANCE. Right now I am in a transition from contest prep to improvement season, and also finishing my second to last college semester and working three jobs too... it's alot to balance! But I know I can find peace and avoid doing self-destructive things (for some reason I tend to do this when I am stressed...) if I set God as my courage and strength.

"Godliness with contentment is great gain." - 1 Timothy 6:6

Blessings,
Ruthie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ruthie!! I don't know how I came about your blog, but i found it a few weeks ago. I am actually going to the Bombshell camp this weekend (so if I survive, we'll be teammates!) Congratulations on your second place WIN in Miami! Also, and major reason I've been following your blog: Thank you for being so forward with your faith! I struggled with whether competitions were right thing for me to do in regards to my faith. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete