Friday, July 1, 2011

Watch Yourself! Or These Flicks...

This weekend I hope to finally see some of the movies that I haven't had a chance to yet. Wanna know what's topping my must-see list?

Ruthie's Summer Flick List:

Here's my picks from the movies that are currently in theaters...
  • Bridesmaids
    • It seems like everyone else has already seen this one and thought it was hilarious, so if only in an attempt to be cool and stick with the times, it's a must see :p


  • Transformers 3
    • Need I explain why I want to see this!? It's only the most awesome, robo-tastic, action-packed, Shia-liscious movie franchise ever :)
    • 3D - Say no more.
    • Oh, and they switched out Megan Fox for a new vixen, whom I'm dying to judge and compare her hottness acting skills to Mrs. Fox's.
    • This one deserves some trailer time!

  • Green Lantern
    • I have yet to see this, but that doesn't mean I don't still think it looks really cool. I keep hearing great things about this one.
  • Bad Teacher
    • Although this got mixed reviews, I think the concept is hilarious and I am holding out hope that it is funny. I've been a fan on Cameron Diaz's comedy in the past so I hope she delivers!
    • More: A bunch of clips and trailers for Bad Teacher
Of the movies yet to come out, I am most excited for Horrible Bosses.
  • Horrible Bosses
    • Put Jennifer Aniston, Jason Bateman, Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx in the same movie and let the sparks fly! How could that not be good?
    • Release date is July 8th
    • Watch the trailer and let me know what you think:
I'm on a bit of a movie kick after going to see Cars 2 at the drive-in last weekend. I could have seen Pirates 4 too because it was a double feature, but I was too lame and couldn't stay up that late! Yes, I am a weirdo... I skipped a free movie on a Friday night! All those 4:30 am wake up calls have officially turned me into a morning person.

Ironically, after leaving the drive-in after movie #1 to go home and sleep I got home and decided instead of going to bed I would bake. Why!? I dunno, because my dad was visiting and I wanted to make him something for breakfast (besides my really boring competition diet food). I made the most amazing banana bread. And it was soooo good -  I had to have some! Quality control is the cooks job right? - I made 2 more loaves on Sunday so my dad could bring one home and I could bring one to the guys at work. It was a huge hit. I'll have to find the recipe and share it on here soon!


It's almost the most wonderful time of the year week, the weekend! And it's a long one, God is good. How're you spending the 4th of July? Any big vacation plans? I am going to be staying in WA again this year instead of going home. Hopefully it rains less than last year.

I think I'll be going back to the drive in tonight (that's the plan, man) so we'll see if I can do better on staying up this time haha. At least I have some pretty good motivation to stay up: Bridesmaids and the new Pirates of the Caribean flick. TBD...


Have a safe and fabulous weekend!
~Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment