Friday, June 24, 2011

5 for Friday

Hi Friends, Happy Weekend!!
I hope you enjoyed the pictures from my last post. You know you can always comment if you feel like it, I won't bite ;)

Today I was inspired by The Fitnessista  to do a post on 5 Fit, Fun, Foodie, Fab, and Feel-good things to enjoy this Friday, or any day! Her original post can be found here.

We'll start with Fit:
I haven't featured Zuzana in a while, since I've started my training with Bombshell Fitness I only do their workouts (which = 4 hours/day, so can you really blame me?) But if I did have room for more fitness fun I'd do this workout: Fat Burning Poker Face Workout. If you haven't ever done Ninja Jump Tucks you need to try them! You'll feel like challenging Jackie Chan to a kung-fu face-off... or at least Kung-Fu Panda.


Fun:
This one is simple, go see a movie! So many good ones are out, like:

  • Cars 2 (which I will be seeing at the drive-in tonight!)

I don't really see many movies, but I did see The Hangover 2 with Kinjal a couple weekends ago, which was ok... but pretty gross! I'm looking forward to seeing Bad Teacher, it looks like a kick in the pants ha-ha. Sneak a peak here: Bad Teacher Movie Stills.  


Foodie:
Okay, so my eats have been less than exciting lately... It goes something like this: tillapia + green beans, or chicken + olive oil + sweet potato... Repeat for a month. Since I have no cool recipes of my own to share **for your own good really** I did find a couple I'd love to try though, so you can do it for me!
Can you say YUM!? I miss bananas soo much.
You can probably tell I am craving pancakes from my multiple pancake recipes, which is a new thing for me... I've never really been into pancakes (actually I would prefer waffles to pancakes but the recipes are the same either way) but this week I am all about pancakes, banana slices, butter and maple syrup. YUM. I actually really am craving banana bread too, but I have yet to find the perfect recipe. Anyone got a good one they'd like to share?


Fab:
I am loving Polyvore lately, and spending wasting far too much time there drooling over the outfit style-boards. I could only dream of having the artistic ability of the fashionistas there. Don't tell me you don't love the shoes in this outfit!
Oooo shiny :-o

Another Fab find is this site: Cafe Fashionista
She has really cute categories like "Hi, I Adore You..." and "Tightwad Tuesday"

Feel-Good:
Ah the power of positive thinking... give yourself a boost by starting your day off with reading the message of the day at The Daily Motivator. Yesterday's message really hit home with me:

Positively powerful

Relax, and remember how truly beautiful and unique you are. Relax, and remember how positively powerful you can be.
Don’t waste your time wishing for something outside of you to magically make your life easier. Instead, make life easy on yourself by making full use of your magnificent capabilities.
The pain of what you worry about is mostly in the worry itself. The joy you seek to experience is yours as soon as you allow it to be.
Feel how truly good you know your life can be. Act on those feelings, right now, and the goodness comes to life.
Most of the difficulties are difficult only because you have decided they are. Gratefully embrace them, and you’ll touch their positive value.
Remind yourself how good life can be. From there, you can make it even better.
— Ralph Marston

Have a GREAT DAY and an even better weekend!
I am hoping to avoid getting sick, since I woke up with a slightly sore throat and my eyes have been hot all morning (for me that's a sure sign a bug is trying to get me), so for me this weekend may just include lotsa sleep, tea and me + the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment