Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Congrats Graduates!!

Shout out to all my awesome friends who graduated this past weekend from Montana Tech (and various other schools :p)

However, I am especially proud of my girls:
Miranda Dunkel, Kaci Hockaday, Jerika Allick, and Rachel Costin...


~~ YOU GO GIRLS!! ~~

Rachel looking beautiful @ Commencement

Jerika got a hard earned Engineering degree,
someday I will follow in your footsteps girl ;)

Rachel spoke at the Nursing Pinning Ceremony and did great!
Her speech was really funny and honest :)
Miranda getting pinned at Nursing Pinning

Graduation is always so bittersweet... I hate seeing my friends go, but I am so proud of them for making it through college. I know this means new adventures and an exciting new life for them :)

Tech's grads before getting turned loose on the world...

Kaci, oh the times we had at Overflow. I still remember your smiling face from the first time Cameron twisted my arm into going to church (on a Friday night!?) but it turned out to be the biggest blessing for my life because I met such genuinely beautiful people like you. I know you will go far in your career and will be an incredible dentist to those in need overseas. I know God goes with you where ever you go...

Kaci and I taking a break together at a church service project

Miranda, oh how I'll miss you! I know you'll have a great time with your hubby far far away (where ever the Marine Core takes you!) but it was a pleasure and an honor to have you as my roommate for the last three years :) I love you and may God bless all your efforts!

Miranda and I on an infamous "Missoula Shopping Day!"

Jerika, even though we have only known each other for a short time, I cannot even express how much I value your friendship. You reached out to me and gave me that little push I needed to find a sport I really really love, who knows if I would have ever found out about the 2011 NPC Big Sky Classic and placed 4th, joined Team Bombshell, and taken off on a new passion and competition if it weren't for you! For that I am forever thankful :) And ever since you have been an incredible motivator and so supportive, with those qualities any employer would be NUTS not to keep you around! Love you girl and I'm still prayin' for your success in your new job and engineering career.


Rachel, where to start :) We go waaaayyyy back and all I can say is it is jaw dropping to see the mature, beautiful, spiritual, and loving and caring young woman you have grown to be. You were always the sweetest thing and I know any man, any patient, and any new friends you meet as you enter your new life as a nurse will be SO lucky to have you. Continue to trust and follow in Jesus in all your ways and there is no limit to the impact you will have on the lives of others. I thank God for you and I thank YOU for being such a good friend for so long!
Oh I still remember the days :p
(Can you spot me and Rachel?)

 
So go get em' girls, let the world have it, don't take no for an answer, make your mark, all the above :p. I think these verses apply to the challenging world ahead of you all (hopefully not too challenging) ...

"Rejoice in the Lord always; anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:4-7

"I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. "  - Philippians 4:11-13

1 comment:

  1. You are such a great writer Ruthie!! Thanks so much for all the encouragement. I will sure miss you as my roommate, but I'll be sure to try all the recipies!
    ~Miranda

    ReplyDelete