Saturday, February 19, 2011

Well, That's New

There's truly nothing as relaxing as a long weekend... a whole extra day! It's almost like I'll wake up tomorrow and it'll be Friday all over again. I <3 President's Day.


I TOLD you there was a God. Ha-ha. And even God rested on the seventh day as you may recall... Everyone needs a little play time. What's your plans for the holiday weekend? As my Fluids teacher Raj noticed, "All the Canadians have already left the country." Seems they missed the maple syrup and hockey a bit too much to stick around, eh? Kidding kidding... you Northerners know I love you and all the great things that you've brought to Butte, MT, USA.


Fun fact: Basketball originated in Canada. At least that's according to Octane Sirius XM Sattelite Radio that's been having "Canadian Appreciation Week." Which basically just means the HPER will have the same great lifting music, just think: My Darkest DaysThousand Foot Krutch, Three Days Grace, Theory of a Deadman, Nickelback.
My friends and I with My Darkest Days drummer in Billings


Nickelback's Pyro-Show way back in the day, 2004
I've actually seen all of those bands I mentioned above in concert, except for Three Days Grace. My Darkest Days was with Skillet in Billings, and Thousand Foot Krutch was at CreationFest believe it or not! I will be hittin' the weight room tomorrow to enjoy some of that Canadian music and pump some iron tomorrow for sure :) For now though, I want to share with you a couple new things in my life that I'm quite thrilled about! Or should I say,"'aboot"- (Canadian accent).

The first is my new hair-do! I'm halfway only bringing this up so you'll still recognize me when you see me. Some people didn't. I got so many double takes and "oh my gosh!" reactions this last week. It actually made me feel quite special that people noticed and (for the most part) liked the change. Thanks especially to Tim, Mikey, Frankie, Jeremiah, Andy and Chester... your reactions were priceless. You know why ha-ha.


I didn't do it for any special reason, hair grows back so it's no big deal. And I sent my 11+ inches to Locks of Love so I feel really good about doing it. Here's those long locks in their former glory:
Goodbye 30 minute blow drying and countless broken hair ties!
Without further ado! The new hair-do:
The front...
 
...and the back. Super short huh!
Also going through a bit of a transformation for the better lately is my computer; which I can FINALLY use again after a long two months of trying to figure out what was wrong with it: Staples "fixing" it, then telling me it was never broken ... useless "help" really. I don't recommend Staples. Or Dell for that matter. So OK it had been dropped... but it wasn't working before that, and then I found out the major problem was a that it "could not locate the internal hard drive"... so I got a new one, twice as big this time. Then I had to get a new operating system. My friend Tom (who has been featured on my blog before, scroll down to the napper.. yup that's him!) is just awesome and he got me Windows 7 instead of the crappy Windows Vista I had- Thank you again :)- and my ever-loving dad installed it for me. Yahoooo!

Here's my Dell laptop's "before and after" pictures:
Blue screen of death... bad bad news


Better than ever! More memory, better operating system...
 and a much much more appreciative owner :)
There's just one more new thing in my life that I'm all smiley about.It's not a very big thing and you guys totally won't care but this one's for the ladies! Check out my zebra nails:

What do you think? Do you like the safari trend? Would you wear it?

That's all for now, I gotta go to bed so I can wake up to Friday #2 :)
Goodnight all! Sweet dreams,
Ruthie


No comments:

Post a Comment