Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Driven Few

Hi guys,
So today I want to talk to you about your attitude towards life. And I also want to explain why, if you've talked to me recently, read my blog, or been on my Facebook, why I won't shut up about BodyRock. 


I've noticed there's a huge difference between the "driven few" and the "coasting masses." I consider myself one of the "driven few." Would you? I'm not sure what it is that holds so many people back from really taking life and running with it. I believe the reason for many people is that it is merely easier and more familiar to not step outside of their comfort zone and make changes, even if they are for the better. I know I've found myself at this place in the past, afraid to change- even when I knew I would be missing a great opportunity of I didn't. Making your own happiness in life and living each day with joy is definitely the "straight and narrow," not the "wide and easy" road.

I wholeheartedly understand the feeling of fear, but I have chosen to live beyond fear of the unknown, and to thrive on a new feeling: the pride of kicking that fear's butt and accomplishing something great instead :). I want to introduce you to this new feeling, I want each and every one of you to know the empowerment of being "more than ordinary." 


Now, this is completely a personal choice that must come from your own inner drive and desire. No one can do it for you. No inspirational poster, speaker, quote, online community, class or book will give you the fire to stick with this lifestyle every day of your life. But, I know exactly where to find an entire community of people who live with this passion and desire, and there is strength in knowing others do share your passion. This community is BodyRock.tv. I truly "at home" at BodyRock, and feel so lucky to be a part of this lifestyle movement. I love every single BodyRocker, because seeing their transformations inspire me and I know we have so much in common. Most importantly, I know we share a great passion for life beyond just "getting through the day" and that is so invigorating. The most powerful aspect of BodyRock is not the fact that we do intense butt-kicking workouts on a daily basis- you better believe we do though ha-ha; No, it's the reason why we do: Respect for our bodies, and an undying passion to live our lives in the best way possible.

As BodyRockers, we all experience the challenges life throws at us on a daily basis merely because we have chosen to live the BodyRock way. Living above the level of  "ho-hum" takes a lot more effort, and the workouts may be 20 minutes... but the lifestyle and philosophy are 24-7-365. And I wouldn't have it any other way. When it comes to society's norms, we are not living life the easy way- I know that. But I have this incredible drive within me to take each and every challenge and see it as an opportunity to be seized, not a never ending battle. We press onward:  MORE than overcoming these challenges! I want to thank Zuzana and Freddy for lighting this fire, and every BodyRocker out there for keeping it lit within their own lives... you rock.

I live by a greater code- A code I believe I am not too bold is saying was directly instilled in me by my commitment to my God, Jesus Christ. He created His people to life their lives with true joy, and wants nothing other for us. I live with: Commitment. Passion. Patience. Respect. Commit your life to your true Passion, it may take Patience, but if you genuinely Respect life you will never settle for  just "good enough." With this, the only thing ahead of us is even fitter, healthier bodies; and more joyful, exciting and fulfilling lives. The best is yet to come, and we're making it happen every day :)

 
All my best,
Ruthie


Something to think about:
“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, gifted-ness or skill. It will make or break a company… a church… a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past… we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you… we are in charge of our Attitudes.”


~Charles R. Swindoll

"My Christian faith has been sustaining for me over the last couple of years... We are reminded that ultimately what matters is not what other people say about us but that we are true to our conscience and true to our God.... When I wake in the morning, I wait on the Lord, I ask him to give me the strength to do right by our country and our people... and when I go to bed at night, I wait on the Lord and I ask him to forgive me my sins and to look after my family and to make me an instrument of the Lord." 
~ President Barack Obama, at the National Prayer Breakfast




1 comment:

  1. I'm with ya on this one, most people want the easy way out! Bodyrock is pretty cool, I watched one of her videos to figure out how to do dumbbell squats. Great for novices like me!

    ReplyDelete