Saturday, January 29, 2011

Coo-Coo for Coconut

Hi guys- Happy Weekend :)
I'm sure I'll see alot of you up on the slopes tomorrow at TECH day up at Discovery Ski area. I hope all the snow hasn't melted up there. While I'm on the subject of snowboarding, below are a few pictures from the last time I was up at Discovery with some friends. 
Leeza and I in the locker room gettin ready to shred...
And we're off: Into the mist!
 
Almost to the top, and the rest is history :)

This weekend has been great so far. I reffed a few basketball games, went to my friend Ashley's Halfa Belly Dancing Party, wrote up my pre-lab for Strengths Lad and did my Fluids homework. Our first test is next week on Friday, I plan to be a buoyancy expert by then :)

I did BodyRock everyday this weekend, and I want to really encourage you to try one of the workouts. If you never have tried High Intensity Interval Training: HIIT, just give it a go and you'll experience the post-workout euphoria that I can't even describe. If you don't kow where to start, try this one: Bikini Beach Workout, I did it this morning and it's amazing. (And your butt will thank me later haha). I am especially motivated because I have a tropical destination in my future and I want to be completely confident in my bikini. More on this later though...

Today I want to share a healthy and delicious recipe for Coconut Pistachio Bars. I made this today, after being inspired by Angela @ OhSheGlows recipe for Tropical Lemon Cranberry Coconut Chia Bars. Here's the recipe, I posted it on SparkRecipes and calculated the nutrition facts there aswell.

~~~~       Coconut Pistachio Bars       ~~~~


 Nutritional Info:
Fat: 7.2g
Carbohydrates: 24.1g
Calories: 105.2
Protein: 5.2g





 Ingredients:
Vanilla Protein Powder, 1 cup
Coconut, raw unsweetened, 0.75 cup
Bob's Red Mill High Fiber Pancake and Waffle Mix, 1/3 cup
Quaker Oatmeal, 1/3 cup
Stevia Powder, 1.5 cup
Hazelnuts, 0.25 cup, chopped
Baking Soda, 1 tsp
Baking Powder, 1/2 tsp
Fat Free Sugar Free Pistachio pudding DRY mix, 3 tbsp
Chia Seeds, 3 tbsp
Coconut Oil, 4 tbsp
Almond Milk, Unsweetened Vanilla, 5oz (about a half cup)
Water, 1/2 - 1 cup

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350F.
You will need two bowls, one for the dry ingredients and one for the wet ingredients.
  1. In the wet bowl add: pistachio pudding DRY mix, Chia Seeds, Coconut Oil, and Almond Milk. Add about 1/2 cup of water so it's pudding consistency. Set aside.
  2. In the dry bowl combine: Vanilla Protein Powder, shredded UNsweetened coconut (I used Bob's Red Mill), the High Fiber Pancake Mix, Oatmeal, Baking Soda, and Baking Powder. Mix until combine evenly.
  3. Add the dry bowl to the wet bowl and then add the Stevia Powder and Hazelnuts. Mix until combined, it should be about the consistency of pancake mix. (if not, add more water)
  4. Line a 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper and pour the mix into the center. Spread evenly.
  5. Bake for 20min on center rack. Remove from oven when the top is set and rises slightly when you press. Cool for 10 min in pan then lift out by parchment paper and cool on counter. Cut into 16 squares. Then enjoy! :)
Makes: 16 servings (squares)


No comments:

Post a Comment