Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Challenge You

Good afternoon guys,

As promised, today I'm gonna continue my list of goals and inspirations to help me spice up 2011 ;). Like I said before, I don't really consider these "resolutions," just ways to improve myself and give me something fun and motivating to aspire to in the new year. My overall list goes something like this:
  1. Continue to exercise regularly, but add new challenges. (To see more about this topic check out my previous post)
  2. Have more fun with my style - Be adventurous with my current wardrobe and mix it up with new trends, different make-up looks, and if I like a trend: just try it! - Coming up in this post!! And the next time I'll talk about one of the most important goals of 2011...  
  3. Grow Spiritually and Let God Lead - I've always been a Christian but this year I'm going to finally read through the whole Bible, and make a conscious effort to be in "conversation" with God throughout my day. Hey, He's the only one who knows the path for my life so He's the best one to turn to. Every time.

 Today's topic is FASHION! You boys out there may be rolling your eyes but this one's for the ladies. So, this year I decided to stop being so boring. I have always admired women who can wear trendy outfits but manage to keep it classy and casual enough to be wearable (especially in MT country) Some celebrities like are:


What this isn't an everyday look? Jk jk.



Along with Jessica Simpson, Halle Berry, Beyonce, Alessandra Ambrosio, Kristin Cavallari and Jennifer Aniston. Of course others too, but we haven't got all day!

However, celebrities have loads of ca$h at their disposal, and pretty much get paid just to look good, have beautiful flowing hair, and perfect make-up. So I'll be taking into account the aspects of affordability, timeless quality of the clothes I buy (not too trendy), and if it's realistic for my lifestyle. I am pretty good at doing that already, so the part I need to work on is having more FUN and trying new things! A few guidelines though...

The game plan is to:
  • "Shop my own closet" first to make new outfits with from what I already own
  • Pick an at least one item I'm excited to wear, like my new camo flats, or my sparkly bracelet, and have fun mixing up my basics
  • When I do shop: Shop for more color and details. But before I buy something: I have to think of at least two outfits it'll work with --> this is to prevent me from ending up with a rainbow of mismatched clothes!
  • Experiment with my hairstyles, makeup and nails. Doing my hair make take effort, but it doesn't cost anything and makes a huge difference. Also, I own a pretty good collection of make-up, so changing up my "basic look" won't cost me a penny either. Win win :)
I'm inspired by Katy Perry, Cheryl Cole, and Megan Fox for make-up, nails and hair.



Here's some website links to give you fresh ideas and maybe even challenge you a bit:

Perhaps you're afraid of catching some flack from dressing more interesting, but don't be! I know you know which movie this is from:
Phil: You're not really wearing that are you?
Alan: Wearing what?  
Phil: The man purse. You actually gonna wear that or are you just (bleepin) with me?  
Alan: It's where I keep all my things. Get a lot of compliments on this. Plus it's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.
Haha. Until next time,

Ruthie :)


CHALLENGE: If this is all too overwhelming, start here.


No comments:

Post a Comment