Thursday, December 23, 2010

Why Jesus Deserves a Holiday

Hi Friends,

I am bursting with joy as I type this. I can barely get my fingers to type the words I'm thinking. I'm not happy about something that did happen, but more about what DIDN'T happen. My brother, Matthew, was in a car wreck today with his friend, they were driving back from the shooting range (the same darn one Joey almost got shot at in my last post!) and his friend over-corrected from sliping on the ice and they ended up fishtailing into the ditch and rolling the car. My brother was the only one hurt, his hand got all cut up and mangled from the glass of the moon roof.

Both my brother and his friend were able to get out of the car, and then my brother called my Dad.We were up to the scene in record time. It looked pretty epic with the flipped car and police, ambulance and EMS vehicles. Matthew looked pretty pale, so we got him in the ambulance (first time I've ever been in one) to clean him up and make sure it was only his hand that was injured. Thank God that's all the damage that was done. We took them both down to the medical clinic where my mom works, and Matthew had x-rays, and a bunch of glass removed from the lacerations. We were all by his side for the whole process, but that was pretty gruesome so we waited  in the waiting room while he got stitches.

My heart stopped when I heard my Dad say that Matthew had been hurt, I was so terrified that he'd been shot or a gun misfired when they were at the shooting range. Having a close call with Joey made me immediately jump to the worst case scenario. PRAISE THE LORD that it wasn't life threatening!

This is how I feel :
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us ... to obtain an inheritance which is imperishable and undefiled, through Him we are protected by the power of God. " ~ 1 Peter 1:3-5

 I know for a fact God protected my brother. Yeah, I'd say Jesus deserves a holiday. Today He gave me the best Christmas present ever: My brother!

I'm sure you've already heard this, (and hopefully are already doing it!) but enjoy your family this Christmas. Don't let all the stress of the holidays ruin what should be an amazing time to share with those who'll always be there for you: Your Family.
 
One of the memories I'll be cherishing for years to come is...
 

Cuttin' down this bad boy.. OH Christmas tree :)

Poor thing had no idea what was comin to him
(well actually it had pine cones, and my mom says that means its a "girl")
We're basically lumberjacks, it cut like butter...

Can you beleive it fit in the trunk of my Neon? Neons are small wonders haha.

Mission accomplished! Now Mrs Chistmas tree is
gracing our living room with her well decorated presence
 
Have a very Merry Christmas if I don't talk to you before then,
Love and all my best!
Ruthie
 
PS: I hope all the family time hasn't kept you from stayin' fit and healthy to end the year right. I rangled up a few good links for you guys for inspiration to keep you going strong. Hey I know, the cookies are calling, but moderation is your best friend!
Make it a "holiday workout" :
Wear workout gear in Chirstmas colors,
and exercise at home in front of your tree

No comments:

Post a Comment