Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Get It? Got It. Good (For You).

~Wow. Honestly, I started today out with pretty low expectations. This all stemmed from a sleepless night, and snowballed once I hit the office (it's strangely dead today because everyone is in training classes and/or on a project, and there's a blood drive). The combo of looming back-to-school stress, missing my friends and family like CRAZY, and feeling pretty under the weather for the last few days is no happy-day cocktail. I'm sure alot of you guys who're also away from home for the summer can relate. What's a girl to do?

I needed to kick this funk mood and resigning to a "sleep-in-watch-movies-do-nothing" day was just what the doctor ordered not an option. Simple escape plan: Force myself out of bed. Drink coffee. Get to work a few minutes early. DO WORK.

Now, I am fully caffeinated and feel I can still salvage the day. I always try to remember that life is too short to sulk around. "Don't live like you're dying. If you're still alive, then God still wants you here for a reason" as my pastor, Tim Moslander, would say. Or as my fellow blogger, Jake, would quote: "Do stuff that matters." ... which I am pretty sure doesn't involve sulking either. So I put forth my best effort this morning to be useful @ PSNS, and now it's lunchtime. Thank goodness.
I found this really cool website about "100% Whole Living" and had to share.
I happened upon "Eat Right NYC" today, while searching the internet for a sweet potato recipe for my mom (random lunch activity I know), but regardless of how I got here, I'm so glad I found this site! It is awesome.
Here's the philosophy:
...genius... sheer genius I tell you! "Everything is food"!? Ummm, yes please :D In my humble opinion: the author, Rebecca, is a genius. This girl GETS IT. 
~Even though it's something I'm extremely passionate about, I've always struggled to explain how taking care of your body, mind, and spirit are really all connected, but this says site it perfectly. I completely agree that food is only one form of nourishment: part of the larger picture of true health. For those interested: I'll explain a little more of my story, my own personal philosophy-and how I came to it- later in an "About Me" page on my Blogger site, for those interested.)

Always remember,  “If you're you bored with life, throw yourself into some work you believe in with all your heart, live for it, die for it, and you will find happiness that you had thought could never be yours.” ~ Dale Carnegie

Have a beautiful day!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment