Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Change is Good

"If you're in a bad situation, don't worry it'll change. If you're in a good situation, don't worry it'll change." ~John A. Simone, Sr.

My life has been turned upside down since I last posted! I'll post pictures and more thoughts on these events/experiences later, but I have been too changed to not at least mention them now :D. Here's the contenders:

  1. "Bite of Seattle"- Results: The Seattle Center was transformed into a foodie's dream for this huge convention. I sampled a huge array of cuisines, including assorted organic icecream, juice, cookies(donuts!) and teas. There were also gourmet cooking products and demos. Sensational. I'll put up a post about this later, but it's making me hungry to talk about it right now :p
  2. "CreationFest 2010"- Results: A renewed heart and spirit, a widely expanded palatte of music, and great insights from AWESOME speakers. Along with possible hearing loss (and whip-lash) from all the rocking out. This was epic, DEFINATELY more to come on this... But most recently I experienced...
  3. Moving to a new house- Results: Although this was not planned and pretty rushed (Moved out, found a new house, and moved back in between the hours of 6am-6pm)...it was definately a blessing in disguise. I am so happy with my new landlord, house, and overall set-up!!

Last night I spent the first night in my new abode. Did I mention I couldn't be happier? I tell you, it is like living in an enchanted forest. Now, before I describe this dreamland in all it's rapturous glory- I'll mention it's one downside. Merely to avoid sounding like I fell into some 'Chronicles on Narnia'-esque portal while searching through my coat closet this morning, and I now mistakenly believe I'm living in ambrosial kingdom ruled by a talking lion. Probably a few too many big words in that one for casual reading, but erroneous!... on to the point...

This one downside is: I can't walk to work anymore, which is something I actually quite enjoyed about the other house. Never the less, a transit bus picks up PSNS workers every morning about 1 mile away, so I can still get a pretty good walk in. However, even though by car/bus I'm only 15min from work, the house is nestled in thick greenery all around, making it feel like you're miles away from civilization. Inside, the house is ornately furnished with artifacts from across the world (think: India, Africa, Japan, Thailand, Greece and Italy). Around every turn is another novel photo, sculpture, or momento documenting my new landlord's vast life-long adventures. Mary, the owner of the house, is an amazing woman, from what little I know about her so far. Her 60+ years on this earth have been well spent. I feel privileged to live in such a place; I can just tell I am in a home, not just a house.

Think of this.. AMAZING.

I'll stop rambling on about nature though, here are some interesting articles I found this afternoon. They're worth your time if only to see some sweet Lego art. Enjoy!

Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment