Saturday, July 17, 2010

Touch The Sky

"I gotta testify, come up in the spot looking extra fly, For the day I die, I'mma touch the sky!..."


Ha-ha, oh how I love Kanye West. His lyrical expertise is just so applicable to everyday life ;) All kidding aside, the reason I'm quoting him in the first place is because I got the amazing opportunity... "It's amazing, so amazing" Amazing- Kanye West...Told ya his lyrics are everywhere!... to go flying with my boss, Bob (Mechanical Engineering Branch Manager), and my co-worker, Keven.




  << If you look close in this picture you can see the pop-rivets along the top of canopy, I think it makes his plane looks like it has “eyelashes,” so it’s a girl in my opinion :p












While we were there, we took his plane for a "drive"- no wings yet so there'll be no flying it for a while. After looking at some of the cool planes at the airport, we were off!

We flew over the PSNS Shipyard, but made sure to stay above the minimum altitude for military areas or else we’d get in trouble. Like I said before, security is a big deal here.
 

After that, we left the West side of the Puget Sound and Bob flew us by Seattle. We could see the Space Needle, Pike Place Market and the Seattle Ferry Terminal.

I flew us to the Boeing Airport and landed there. It was kind nerve racking, but I was feeling pretty cool when I touched the plane down :D
By the time we were on the way back I wasn’t feeling so great though… We landed a bit sooner than we were planning because I didn’t wanna lose my cookies in the plane :x All in all it was a really cool experience though and the gorgeous aerial views totally outweighed any stomach woes.




~Till next time my blog friends! My next post will do the opposite for your stomach than this one may have (no talking about feeling airsick). I'm REALLY looking forward to telling you about this weekend :)
Hint: What do you get when you cross “Top Chef” and a state fair?

No comments:

Post a Comment