Thursday, December 22, 2011

Oh to Be in NYC

Wow. If you have never been to NYC during Christmas then someday you must go. It is so so magical. I couldn't even take it all in but boy did we try :)



We got to see a ton of the city, in only a few hours! We saw:

 ~ National World Trade Center Memorial (and the Freedom Tower, to be the tallest building in the country when it's finished)

 ~ Time Square (and the New Year's Ball)

 ~ 5th Avenue luxury shops (Juicy, Fendi, and Prada oh my!)

 ~ Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree and Iceskating Rink

 ~ Little Italy

 ~ Chinatown (and not some great Christmas gift deals, Kinjal you would be proud of my haggling skills! ;p)

 ~ World Famous Lombardi's Pizza (YUM.) Voted the best pizza in the city,
and boy was it good. They had the oldest brick pizza oven and it gives the crust an amazing flavor.

 ~ Junior's Cheesecake. Yup, NYC cheesecake is famous for good reason! My favorite was the Carrot Cake version, oh mi oh my...

 
Here's photos from my whirlwind day in New York:















NYC was amazing but I cannot forget how incredible shooting with Muscle and Fitness Hers on Long Island in Syosset, NY at Bev Francis Powerhouse Gym was!! I did a feature on "5 Moves for a Bikini Booty" and also filmed a training video and interview. The magazine feature comes out in the 2012 March/April issue and the video will come out before it on the M&FHers website. Thank you to M&FHers editor Mona Muresan and her brother Sebastian, Bym owners Bev Francis and Steve Weinberger, makeup artist and hairstylist Kyra Dorman, photographer (and his crew!) Ian Spanier. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!




The cherry on top of the whole experience was the little blessings I didn't expect, like getting exit-row seats for the WHOLE trip, miraculously making my return flight after waking up an hour and a half late (yes you read that right, I had an hour to get to 30 miles to the airport, get though security, get to my gate, and board... God must have stopped time!), getting to meet up with my Bombshell teammate Bianca Berry in NYC, meeting Steve Steve Weinberger himself - an NPC National judge and owner of the Powerhouse gym. SUCH a good trip, and even my friend Chris suprising me with these gorgeous shoes:



Here's hoping you're as blessed this Christmas as I know I am! 
Blessings,

Ruthie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment