Friday, August 19, 2011

22 Wonderful Years of Life

~ Good evening friends, guess what... I'm 22 years old today :)

I spent my birthday with my favorite people, my family!
Except my sister :) She's stil far away in Australia

My cake was so cute! Mikey and Mini Mouse :)

But I saved up my appetite for lasagna with burnt noodle
pieces. I scraped up all the burnt pieces and put them on
my piece... I know I'm weird, but I love it!

We ate outside on my parents cute lil' patio

Aren't the lights adorable? They're tiny paper lanterns

As my brother would say, 'I survived being over 21 for an entire year' ha-ha. Considering I don't drink, it's not that big of an accomplishment for me, but I did do a lot of growing in other facets of my life besides overcoming legal drinking. It really has been a great year.

Thank you to everyone who flooded my Facebook page with birthday wishes! I am so touched by all the lovely messages. Ya'll are so sweet he-he.

~~~~~~~~~~

Today was pretty low key, but this morning was pretty mentally draining...
You may not have heard yet, but we have lost a great man from this earth.

Montana Tech professor and private pilot, Richard "Dick" Johnson was killed on Monday in a firey plane crash outside of Butte, MT.
Read more of the story here: Crash claims Tech prof. MSU student. 


He was a kind, caring, light-hearted man. The only thing bigger than his capacity of knowledge was his heart, he will not soon be forgotten. Although it is truly terrible to loose Dick in such a sudden and premature way, we have peace knowing he is in a better place. As they say:


This morning was Dick's funeral. My father and I went together. It was a very somber time; my dad is really grieving because he has a lot in common with Dick. He's the same age a Dick, they both grew up in Wisconsin, and they share a love for both aviation and Jesus Christ. They often went flying together.

Knowing Mr. Johnson was truly an honor and an inspiration
I am so thankful for my time here on earth... thankful for the times with my friends and family... I can't even put into words how much I love them and value the memories I share with them. I hope I have as much life in my years when I pass as Dick did. He truly LIVED.

"The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil. Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death."
~ Isaiah 57:1-2


"For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
~ 2 Corinthians 4:17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment