Thursday, May 5, 2011

Before ... { ---- } ... After


I don't really have the answers tonight, but I wanted to share a few thoughts and the videos of songs that have inspired me today and reminded me to persevere when everything in my world seems to not want me too succeed.
Sometimes, for me it's like as soon as I decide to put a lot of effort towards something, whether it's school, a particular relationship, eating healthy, training consistently, reading my Bible, or saving money, I encounter a slew of hardships seemingly purposefully directed to cause me to fail in that venture. Do you ever feel this way? I think it is the devil working against us to detour us from the thing he knows will bring us happiness if we do succeed.

I have a recurring problem of being my own worst enemy and doing the exact thing that I know has caused me to fail in the past. Do I do it because it's familiar? Because for some reason at that moment I rationalize that it will help? Because I think I should have to work harder to truly be happy? I have no idea. I wish someone could tell me, and get me to stop doing it.

 I want to let myself be vulnerable and trust in the Lord to lead my way, not lean on my own understanding, ability or motivation. Because in the end, none of us are strong enough to do it on our own... we need our friends, our family, and our God together with our our perseverance to push when you want to just fall back and give in.



"In this very moment I'll bring everything.
No I'm not lucky, I'm blessed. Yes.
But I couldn't do it all alone. We. "


There's no other way to AFTER from BEFORE except going through the DURING. Many people get lost in the in-between because they lost motivation, hope, inspiration, or determination. Don't ever let anyone tell you you can't do something. You can. Just believe it, and keep believing....


Is there something you really want for your life? Something that makes you light up inside, and feels like the thing you were meant to do? Ask yourself now...If it takes forever, am I willing to die trying? I know it's a bold statement, but if you think it's worth doing then DO IT. And it's worth doing well.



"Seasons come and go, but I will never change... and I'm on my way."

Music can be a very powerful motivator, I know I am recharged after hearing the words I needed to hear sung over a beautiful melody or stated bluntly in a way I never would have thought to write.



"No matter what been through, no matter what you into
Never ever put them down, you just lift your arms higher
Raise 'em 'til your arms tired, let 'em know you here
That you struggling, survivin', that you gon' persevere
Ain't nobody leavin', nobody goin' home
Even if they turn the lights out, the show is goin' on. "



I pray you all succeed in finding your passion.
Peace and love my friends,
<3 Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment