Friday, June 25, 2010

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Hello there! My name is Ruthie Harrison. Welcome to my blog, where I will be sharing with you the journey that is my life! Expect it to be open and upbeat, probably a little random. . . and maybe even inspiring :] (stay tuned ha-ha). I will save you too much background right out of the gates, so here's just a little teaser- I am a Junior at Montana Tech, where my "major" ambition is to graduate a Mechanical Engineer. I'm from Whitehall, MT and have lived in the area all my life. I am starting this blog from Bremerton, WA -where I'm on my first ever engineering internship, at Puget Sound Naval Shipyard. This is a huge learning experience for me and hopefully if any of you are planning on taking a similar path, you will find my adventures useful. I'll keep you updated with some assorted career and internship insights. I'm no expert, but it should at least be interesting. . . I am a passionate believer in continuous development and enrichment; in mind, body and spirit. Be it through education, arts, fitness, friendships or just life's craziness. Life isn't about the destination, the messy bits are where all the fun is! Just come into my kitchen when I'm cooking, and you'll know what I mean ha-ha. Well, that's as well as I can prepare you for what's to come. So much for short and sweet! I hope I haven't scared you off :). Don't be afraid to get a little dirty, we do live in Montana right?

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ruthie! The Puget Sound Naval Shipyard is the heart of Bremerton. There is so much that goes on down there keeping Bremerton alive. While you are here hopefully you will have a chance to tour around Seattle and its surroundings. It is an amazing area of the country.
    I am a student here in Bremerton and I will be transferring to Tech (Petroleum Engineering) this August. Let me know if you have any questions about Bremerton. Good luck.

    Eric
    ebeemer83@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Eric! (or is it Jamie? both names show up on the comment)

    I agree, the Seattle area is gorgeous country. I have just scratched the surface of all Seattle has to offer by visiting Pike Place Market and the airport; I'm going to a Mariners game tomorrow though and can't wait.

    Likewise if you have any questions about Montana ir Tech feel free to ask away. Btw your blog is delightful! We share a common interest in healthful, wholesome eats :)

    ReplyDelete