Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Share ... Food is Fuel + We're SO Blessed

Hey ya'll sorry to not post as much lately, I've been quite busy with school and reffing... I reffed 6 games in the last 2 days alone! Unfortunately that led to me getting sick and sleeping from 4pm yesterday to 2pm today :/ I still feel quite under the weather so today's post will be short.

I hope you all enjoyed my last couple posts on food prep, "eating clean," and dieting tips. My friend and Bombshell Teammate, Abby Clark, also wrote about food on her blog, "The Bikini Competitor" and it's a really GOOD article filled with information. Check it out here: Food Is Fuel.


Also, be sure to stop by my Facebook Fan Page to see all the photos from my VEGAS trip and photoshoot with Bobby Black of B2 Photography. They turned out so so good. He's an amazing man too; he'd just gotten back from a missions trip to an orphanage in Haiti with Jamie Eason and her fiance the week before our shoot. He showed me some of his photos from the trip and I was blown away. See some of the photos for yourself by clicking here: Haiti Album

Photo taken by Bobby Black

Photo taken by Bobby Black

We are so blessed to live in such luxury and lack of need in the United States. I mean, these kids hadn't even ever had a lollipop in their entire lives and we give them away free at our bank's tellers. I get to make a huge difference in a child's life by providing my Compassion International child, Newton, with enough money each month to pay for him and his mother's food, and enough money for him to go to school. I also get to fund the Aids Initiative Project in his village to provide the whole town with fresh clean water and fund research to help prevent aids from spreading. It's such a small sacrifice for me... only about $40 a month... but it's the WORLD to him.


I'm signing off to go sleep some more... I hope ya'll had a great weekend!
God bless,

~ Ruthie

No comments:

Post a Comment