Sunday, September 11, 2011

Sunday Share... Love

Hi ya'll,

Thank you to all of you who replied to my last post on gaining ultimate victory over an eating disorder. I am taking it one day at a time! I just want to be transparent that I have not been 100% perfect even after putting effort in to overcome night eating and binging even though I've been focusing on having Godly self-control and moderation. This is a journey, one which I have not yet reached the end of... but every day I give my best effort and I am learning each day to rely more and more on my great God's power and love to be all that I need - not food. (of course I still eat, just not too much )

Speaking of our great God, I have been really been challenged lately to expand my realization of His great love for us. I didn't even comprehend this before I started struggling with overcoming my eating woes and training for competiton... but when I started holding myself to higher levels of self-control and discipline I started to feel a lot of negative emotions when I'd not have a perfect day, such as doubt, self-punishment, sadness and fear for the future, which made me really really need  an unconditional love like I've always had with Jesus, but never really took possesion of. You know how if someone ghave you a gift, such as a free ipod of something and you never used it it'd basically be like you didn't have it? Well that's where I've been with the free gift of God's love... I wasn't living it in or acting like I had it!! God has been using all his daughters (women in the church) to reach out and tell me He reall truly does love me and it's been a really powerful experience so far. And it only started on Friday!

I can only imagine what is to come, as 1 Corinthians 2:9 says, "The eye has not seen and the ear has not heard, nor has there even been conceived in the mind of man the things that God has prepared for those that love him."

This "Sunday Share" is all about God's love, so here's a couple photos of things I love!

I love my amazing parents, who're both a another year wiser this month :)

I love my sister, Sarah, who's a world away in Australia
I love my brother Matthew, who's always been there for me./

And here's a little music to end your Sunday with:




Blessings,
Ruthie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment