Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Overwhelmed

Time flies whether or not you're having fun... so have fun! I came to this realization lately as I was muttering my way through another long week of projects, deadlines, homework, tests and work. Where's the end!? I had just gotten back from an amazing trip in the Bahamas, on which I actually managed to make progress on some homework (airport and driving time management :D) yet I still felt sooo behind and not at all ready to be tested on all the information I'd been "taught." Wowzers.


So the remedy? Well, life isn't slowing down, and teachers may postpone tests (thank you Raj and Wahl) but next week yeah you still gotta take it. So BE HAPPY! Have fun in any circumstance. I know it sounds easier said than done, so here's some words of the wise to help inspire you to enjoy the gift of life. Feeling persecuted? In other words, is life just working against you? Have faith in the following words of Paul the apostle, from his letter in the Bible to the Romans.

"We rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit."
 {Rom 5:3-5 NIV}

When he wrote to the church in Phillipi he told them the following, which reminds me of the benefits of sticking to the straight and narrow path when the world is trying to influence you to make poor choices:

"For I have told you often before, and I say it again with tears in my eyes, that there are many whose conduct shows they are really enemies of the cross of Christ. They are headed for destruction. Their god is their appetite, they brag about shameful things, and they think only about this life here on earth. But we are citizens of heaven, where the Lord Jesus Christ lives. And we are eagerly waiting for him to return as our Savior. He will take our weak mortal bodies and change them into glorious bodies like his own, using the same power with which he will bring everything under his control." 
{Philippians 3:18-21}


Stay tuned, I have some exciting news to share with you guys
in the next post that relates to the quote on this mug... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment